Basement Egress Windows
The basement is the most neglected area in most homes today. This is despite the fact that this space can be finished and transformed into livable space. Whether you need extra room for your study, guest room, play room or kids’ room, basement finishing does the trick.
One of the most important components in basement finishing is the installation of basement egress windows. These windows are non-existent in older homes, but you should now install one for the following reasons:
- Providing access during fire emergencies: Egress windows are required in the building code.
- Aesthetic appeal: Installing a modern egress window system instantly enhances the appearance of your home. You can choose from different styles and colors that blend with your home’s exterior décor.
- Providing easier access: If you have finished your basement into a guestroom or for any other use, an egress window provides easy access instead of using the main access on the upper floor. You can even rent out a basement if you install an egress window to provide private access.
- Provide natural light: A dark basement is a put off and by installing an egress window you will instantly transform this into your favorite room. Natural light saves you on the cost of lighting and makes it more comfortable to work here.
While there are many egress window kits in the market, it is advisable to use a certified basement contractor for the job. Here are some of the reasons to invest in professional egress window installation:
- Building code regulation: A professional basement contractor understands the code regulations concerning egress windows. It is important to follow regulations to avoid costly fines in future.
- High quality installation: An egress window serves an important function in your house and as such, it requires proper installation by an expert. Professional egress window installation ensures durability and you are assured the entry is functional in case of an emergency.
- Satisfaction guarantee: A certified contractor provides a satisfaction guarantee and the products used in the installation come with manufacturers’ warranty. This assures you of the quality of workmanship and the parts used in the project.
- Safety: A certified basement contractor understands the safety precautions required under the building code when undertaking this project. This prevents accidents on site and protects the rest of the structure.
Working with a certified contractor for installation of basement egress windows ensures a more effective job and is affordable in the long run. You are assured the installation meets code requirements for the safety of your family.