In many cases, the home is one of the largest, if not the largest investment that most people make. It is therefore important that you protect that investment as best you can. One of the easiest ways to reduce the value of your home is to have a leaky basement. With a leaky basement, you will be compromising the air quality of your home; you will have an issue with mold, mildew, humidity, bad odors and so much more. All of these can easily be avoided with great basement systems that guarantee the waterproofing of the said space.
Before any repairs can be done, a professional will come over to assess the situation so that they can detect where the leaks are and identify where the water is coming from. Any moisture correction or water seepage can only be stopped right at the source if the solution is to be long lasting. With the issue corrected, you will be avoiding moisture control problems as well as the likelihood of having to repair the foundation of your home.
Call Us Today! 1-800-DRY-2211
When it comes to finishing the basement and turning that space into a recreation room, play room, man cave or living area, there are certain things that must be in place as part of basement systems. They are:
- Waterproofing – The first thing that needs to be done is to inspect the basement so that the proper technique can be identified. Once that has been identified, the work can commence.
- Drainage – It is important to ensure that the area around the house is properly drained. As such, ensure that the gutters have been cleared and the downspouts are not directing water close to the walls of your house.
- Sump Pump – This is the main solution to a basement that leaks. The pump takes the extra water and pumps it away from the house.
- Grading – If you have areas where the water usually collects, be sure to have your landscaping graded. The water should be directed away from the house so that the foundation walls are not compromised.
- Clear any bushes around the house – These usually retain water and it tends to seep back to the basement. If there are tall trees close to the house, their roots can cause the walls of your basement or your foundation to crack so have them felled as well.
Basement systems will take care of any moisture problems you have, so relax. There is a solution to your problem. Contact us today for more information!