Family owned basement contractors serving CT, MA & NY
NEED HELP? 1-800-DRY-2211

Health Effects of Black Mold in Basement | Danbury, CT

 

Mold Remediation | Budget Dry Waterproofing

 

Mold isn’t one of those things you can ignore with the hope that things will get better with time. Black mold in basement spaces will only get worse and cause even more problems not just for your property but also for your health.

The biggest challenge with dealing with mold is that many people are unaware that their illnesses are the result of exposure to mold spores. Many of the symptoms are similar to those of the common cold and other common illnesses. The presence and health effect of black mold in basement spaces therefore often goes unnoticed.

Some common health effects of exposure to black mold include:

  • Unexplained flu-like symptoms

Are you constantly battling a stuffy nose? Do you always feel like you have the flu when you’re at home? You could be dealing with symptoms of exposure to mold spores. The easiest way you can confirm this is by trying to spend a few days away from home. If you feel well when away but you start having the flu-like symptoms when you return home, you most likely have a mold problem.

Mold Remediation | Budget Dry Waterproofing

 

  • More frequent nosebleeds

A bleeding nose is not unusual. However, it can often be a sign of a more serious problem. If you’ve suddenly begun to experience nose bleeds or are having more frequent nosebleeds than usual, you could be suffering the effects of mold exposure. The only way to know for sure is to visit a doctor and get checked.

  • More frequent and increasingly severe headaches

One of the most common symptoms of mold exposure is the development of headaches. You may also experience them in more frequency and they may become more severe. You may also notice that these headaches tend to go away when you’re away from home. You should have your symptoms checked by a doctor. You should also arrange for a black mold basement inspection to be sure.

  • Development of or worsening of respiratory issues

Are you having difficulty breathing? If you have asthma, have the symptoms worsened suddenly? Mold spores, when inhaled, can cause a wide variety of respiratory issues. Even if the infestation is in the basement, the spores that are dispersed in the air will be distributed throughout the home. Inhaling the spores can result in various health issues.

If you’re sick and there’s no obvious explanation, you may want to have your home inspected to rule out the possibility of mold exposure. Getting rid of mold could be the solution to restoring your health.

 

 Budget Dry Waterproofing can help provide you with a variety of solutions! Contact us! 1-800-DRY-2211

Related Blog Posts
Fungi such as mold occur naturally in both our indoor and outdoor environments. Many species of fungi are quite safe. Some fungi such as yeast and mushrooms are even edible. However, there are a few that...
September 8, 2019
What is Indoor Air Quality? Indoor air quality refers...
September 1, 2019

If you are living with a damp, wet, or flooded basement, don’t wait any longer- contact Budget Dry today!

Our team of knowledgeable and friendly Project Managers will come to your home to review your specific situation and guide you through the process of choosing a solution that meets your budget and goals.

Tired of Your Wet Basement?
Get a Free Basement Inspection Today!
First Name (required)
Last Name (required)
Email Address
Phone Number
How Can We Help?
Best Time to Call
Anything Else We Should Know?